Getting to Know the Features and Advantages of a Pharmacy Software
A pharmacy is a medical shop that provides medication to customers. Pharmacy software is a solution the shop utilises to ensure safe selling of the drugs to consumers and in an effective manner.
A drug store keeps in its inventory a large number and variety of medicines. Remembering the crucial details of each is not possible for human workers. Management software can store information like toxicity, side effects, potency, expiry date, etc. and make it easily accessible to the employee.
Some Features of a Medical Shop Software
Though a management software comes with countless characteristics, explained below are just few of the most important.
- Loading of Data
The second the pharmacy begins operation there is a need to access and control a lot of data, i.e., information related to every medicine sold. This requires the mammoth task of manually filling in each detail of each inventory item. Even if the chore is given to a junior employee, it is vital to check their progress. Simply said, a lot of resources are put into just one job and a job that doesn't guarantee to be 100% accurate because human-errors always happen.
A good medical software will come with the feature to extract data from a CSV or Excel file and load it onto the system. With this attribute, the time taken to complete the task is reduced, and there are no chances of errors occurring.
- Management of Inventory
Inventory management makes the pharmacy more efficient and decreases operational costs by keeping track of the medicines sold. Out of all features of a billing system, this is the crucial one.
Using the software, the inventory of the pharmacy can be tracked automatically meaning an employee doesn't need to perform the laborious task of handling and monitoring inventory. Their time can be utilised for more beneficial activities. This feature also controls access to the drugs in the store which improves security and enables accurate medicine dispensing.
- Point of Sale Integration
The most practical application of a pharmacy solution is POS. The feature keeps a check on the cash flow on all floors of the pharmacy and other chains (if present).
- Barcode Scanner
The barcode scanner allows verification of each drug that passes the POS and helps keep track of all sales. It also aids in
- retrieval of refill information
- verification of dispensed product
- Advanced Reporting
Some pharmacy management systems come with a library of report templates. These built-in reports can be employed by workers to work faster. The process is easier for the employee and the information that needs to be tracked and reported is far more accurate.
The application allows the pharmacy to receive new prescriptions from doctors or refill prescriptions directly. Electronic prescriptions make the process of getting the medicine to the patient faster.
The element saves time during the purchase of medicine because it allows the sale to be signed electronically. In one transaction, the employee can electronically track acknowledgment of each prescription sold.
- Clinical Integration
Some pharmacies employ many clinical tools such as dosing guides, lab information, and drug interactions. The clinical integration allows the pharmacy software to be incorporated with the tools for better services.
- Pill Imaging
The feature guarantees that no incorrect pill is dispensed. At the quality check, the pills are displayed and then compared with those being purchased. The comparison ensures that the right medicine is given. Pill imaging makes for a valuable tool to enhance the accuracy and quality of prescription filling.
The Paybacks of a Management Solution for a Pharmacy
When the right pharmacy software is employed, a medical shop delivers the best possible care to patients while increasing profit margins. It frees up precious time and resources which can then be focused on producing more business. A few essential benefits that come hand in hand with a pharmacy management solution are:
- The cost of ownership is very low.
- The applications of the system are wide-ranging and can be controlled by having different logins for the owner of the pharmacy and other employees.
- Each user of the software can have diverse privileges by manually setting the rights of the user.
- The software can be customised as per the needs of the shop making it as comprehensive or as narrow as required.
- The productivity of the pharmacy increases which, in turn, amplifies profitability.
- The sale procedure is considerably sped up through the Barcode scanner because it records details automatically.
- More than just a front-end solution, a medical shop solution also takes care of the supply chain.
- From alerting when the stock is low to informing the pending expiry date of medicines, the system comes with many useful features.
- The analysis, information, and reports the software provides assist in better decision making for the business.
- All data is stored in a centralised location and retrieving the data is easy with an interactive user interface.
- A software is more than reliable. It is secure that safeguards the sensitive information of the medical shop completely.
Source by Uma Nathan